Index of Articles and Links
- About TM
- Learning TM
TM Research overview
TM research bibliography
Stress related research
- The effect of Transcendental Meditation on Chronic Stress. Differently from common stressreducing methods it appears that TM affects mechanisms of fundamental importance for stress sensitivity.
- Research on Transcendental Meditation (TM) at the Swedish Airforce. Remarkable and profound psychological improvement in combat pilot training aspirants. Considerably increased ability to act adequately under psychological stress after one year of TM indicated by sensitive psychological test.
- TM effective in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PSTD). Veterans Adminstration in the US, pays the TM course for war veterans with PSTD.
- Effects of TM on Cardiovascular Disease - A brief overview
- People with High Blood Pressure may want to Medicate and Meditate
Press release of American Heart Association. Aug. 5, 1996. Scientific report indicates that TM is as effective in moderate high blood pressure as drugs, whithout having the side-effects of the latter.
- Prevention of cardiovascular complications through TM . The effects is as good as intensive medication combined with life style change.
- "Meditation relaxes vessels, reduces blood pressure." Psychosomatic Medicine, August 5, 1999.
- Transcending Heart Disease. Study shows the Transcendental Meditation
technique lowers lipid peroxide levels in elderly. High levels of lipid peroxide have been shown in previous studies to be an important factor in the formation of atherosclerosis and to be directly associated with the aging process.
General Health Improvement
- Greatly decreased health insurance usage in retired people. More than 70% reduced need of health care in elderly after learning TM.
- 55 % reduction of health care need over a 6-year period. This result indicates that general applicatoin of TM would greatly decrease the health care costs of society.
Psychological, and psychiatric research
- The safety of the Transcendental Meditation Technique. Psychiatric studies indicate that TM is safe and appears to prevent mental disorder.
- Reversing the Neurophysiology of Violence.
- Remarkable performance in problem solving contest. Maharishi school in Fairfield Iowa has been remarkably successful in Destination Imagination. It is a worldwide problem solving contest that puts high demands on creativity and intelligent problem solving. Maharishi School in Fairfield Iowa has made oustanding performances in this contest. No other school has so often reached world finals and no other school has taken home a Third Place Trophy, two Second Place Trophies, and Three first Place Trophy. The only essential difference from other schools is that all pupils practice TM.
- Remarkable success in tennis. Boys from the Maharishi Shool of the Age of Enlightenment, have won 16 Division 1A state singles, doubles, and team championships. It is the more remarkable that this school has only 140 pupils, competing against high schools with up to 1.400 pupils. Practice of Transcendental Meditation (TM) is the explanation according to their coach.
Swedish Physicians for Transcendental Meditation
To English home page
To Swedish home page